automotive industry History, Overview, Definition, Developments, & Facts
Production processes that use a significant volume of water include surface treatment, painting, coating, washing, cooling, air-conditioning and boilers, not counting component manufacturing. Paintshop operations consume especially large amounts of water, because equipment running on water-based products must also be cleaned with water. In 2007, there were about 806 million cars and light trucks on the road, consuming over 980 billion litres of gasoline and diesel fuel yearly. The automobile is a primary mode of transportation for many developed economies.
- Three fleets share best practices to prep vehicles for winter and prevent downtime when the cold sets in.
- Thirdly, the Indonesian government is eagerly trying to speed up infrastructure development across the Indonesian nation.
- We validate applicators processes by conducting audits, carrying out inspections and testing the production output to make sure they meet pre-defined QPS standards and agreed technical requirements.
- This computing power must respect the constraints of power consumption, heat dissipation, and packaging space, and allow fast and flexible development while putting functional safety first.
- The high-performance, power-efficient Cortex-A processor series supports the complex compute needs of advanced driving systems, including ADAS, autonomous vehicles, IVI, and digital cockpit applications.
Unreal Engine comes fully loaded and production-ready out of the box, with every feature and full source code access included. It’s free to use for creating linear content such as marketing videos, and custom or internal interactive projects such as product configurators. Create immersive experiences; render photorealistic marketing stills and videos; or deliver interactive product configurators to customers anywhere in the world—the sky’s the limit. And with access to WebGL/GLTF exporting, as well as the full source code, you can even create custom apps we haven’t even thought of yet.
As Elon Musk’s company seeks to regain the lead in the Chinese market, the new-energy auto battle is also heating up overseas. Acura’s redesigned premium midsize SUV comes in six trim levels, each more tempting than the last. Discover how Atos and BASF delivered an end-to-end solution which shortened lead time and saved costs for a leading Automotive client.
Like e-drive engineering, now part of our strategy more than ever before. Dedicated rotary position sensors for motor control are also ideal for automotive uses, such as the pump motors in electric power steering and transmission system motors. The number of electric and hybrid electric vehicles on the road is also set to grow at a rapid rate. Here, the ams motor control sensor portfolio offers high accuracy at high rotation speeds, while remaining inherently immune to the external magnetic fields induced by the high currents flowing through the motor. From upgraded safety applications to rich infotainment, 5G’s speed and latency improvements will greatly enhance C-V2X capabilities.
Since fall 2021, ZF has motivated its employees with the Kickbox@ZF program to present their ideas and turn them ideally into new products and services. Efficiently achieve ISO safety system certification by using TI Functional Safety-Compliant analog and embedded processing products, documentation and resources. Our products adhere to accredited development processes to help you achieve the highest Automotive Safety Integrity Level and Safety Integrity Level that your design requires. From functional safety to innovation demands, we understand your design needs. Our design, quality, reliability, packaging and PPAP tools help you go from concept to design to production faster.